+20
Undecided

Duel Leaderboard (elo system)

Tobi 7 years ago updated by Of Kings And Men 6 years ago 5

A lot of people love duelling. Why not have a leaderboard so people can test their skill while still having fun. 

I personally would prefer a elo system with small monthly prizes. 

Answer

Answer
Undecided

We will definitely be adding leaderboards in the future, but won't be able to name specific categories (like pure duel stats) until it gets on to-do list for an update.

I want overall leaderbords not just from duels.

+2

Kill to death ratio can be boosted. I think Ranked duels brings another competitive game mode to OKAM without the need to add new maps. 

It gives people incentive to get better. They can see themselves higher up the ladder as they progress in skill. 

As Tobi said, it's easy to boost your kill to death ratio, and having that stat apply everywhere to be a metric of how "good" a player was would make it meaningless due to the lack of context of the kill:death-ratio stat; if it's only applied to duels, you know exactly what that stat means, because the only thing that one can really see is whether you've killed the other person or they've killed you, as that's the only objective (winning the duel). Killing one person isn't the objective of the Skirmish, Conquest, or Raid game modes.

It doesn't have even have to be called K:D-R in this instance, it'll probably just simply boil down to Duels won|Duels lost if you're dueling competitively. 

For the ELO, it would force people to either "git gud" or either develop counters to the current stale meta in order to get the edge, and for one thing I'm all for that - I dislike nothing more than stagnancy.

That guy that gave me -1 propably didnt understand what I meant. I wanted to say that I want to have leaderbords for everything but divided into categories like duels, skirmish, conquest, raid. Btw being good at duels doesnt mean you are a good player so it shouldnt be the only way to improve your elo whatever. I still remember those times I wasnt able to kill half of the people on duels but I was toping the leaderboards 45 8 every match. I saw the same when Nemesis started to play he was complete garbage in duels until the bad blocks system was released still he managed to be always on top with me. Nobody cares if you are the best in honorable duels when you are in a battle. You will get stabed in the back and you will die if you dont know how to fight. Dueling is only a practice for the battle and it should have been viewed as such. You are not going to achieve anything by winning duels this game is about conquering the land in big conflicts. There should also be some kind of 2v2 3v3 5v5 tournaments.

Answer
Undecided

We will definitely be adding leaderboards in the future, but won't be able to name specific categories (like pure duel stats) until it gets on to-do list for an update.